How to Be More Present and In the Now
We all get can get overwhelmed sometimes in our modern lives and have a feeling of unreality. Here are some tips to get back to your core and to be fully engaged and alive:
- Mindful breathing: Focus on your breath as you inhale and exhale, paying attention to the sensations in your body.
- Don’t multitask: Just do one thing at a time, that way you are fully present and not thinking of other things.
- Notice what is in front of you: Try to see the beauty of your surrounding area whether you are inside or outside.
- Get into nature: There is nothing like walking in the woods, or being near water, etc to get you reconnected.
- Body scan meditation: Scan your body from head to toe, focusing on the physical sensations you feel in each part of your body.
- Engage your senses: Take a few minutes to fully engage your senses by focusing on what you can see, hear, smell, taste, and touch in the present moment.
- Practice gratitude: Take time to appreciate the good things in your life, focusing on the positive and expressing gratitude for what you have.
- Take a walk in nature: Spend time in nature, taking in the sights, sounds, and sensations of your surroundings.
- Disconnect from technology: Take a break from screens and social media to focus on the present moment and connect with your surroundings.
- Practice movements like yoga or tai chi: Engage in mindful movement practices that can help you stay present and focused on the present moment.
- Mindful eating: Pay attention to the flavors, textures, and sensations of the food you’re eating, savoring each bite and fully enjoying the experience.
- Engage in creative activities: Engage in activities like drawing, painting, or writing that can help you stay focused on the present moment and tap into your creativity.
- Practice self-compassion: Be kind to yourself and practice self-compassion, focusing on the present moment and treating yourself with kindness and understanding.
Clear Mind Treatment is a Mental Health clinic located in Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Bay Area
By Rishi Khatri